Monday, August 10, 2009

NEW PROJECT, THE MOVE

There was a recent discussion on the Wom-po email list about trying to sell your house and having way too many books. A lot of the wompos came to the conclusion that having a house full of books is an awesome way to live. I disagree.

I come from a family of functional horders and I am fighting it. I've taken a good look at my three bookshelves that I've carted across the country already and decided that if I don't love it I'm not keeping it. My new goal is to read one of these books a week, give it a microreview on the blog, and GIVE IT AWAY. If you want it, send me postage and it's yours. Otherwise, it's going to the library.

I encourage others to do the same thing! Poetry should be shared, circulating, percolating, not gathering dust, costing a fortune to move and eating up home equity.

No comments: